Thursday, September 27, 2012

31 days of deep love diving


Yesterday I shared why I'm diving into love for October. Today I'll give you a peek at what this full immersion might look like.

I say might because I'm learning God has a way of breaking out of the neatly arranged boxes I try to place Him into. So with deference to the One Who really is the only One that knows the plans He has for me, here's what I'm planning for the 31 Days of Deep Love Diving:

  • Learning what it means to love God with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength
  • Learning what it means to love others as myself (this includes loved ones, the poor in spirit, my enemies and strangers)
  • Learning what it means to love myself without feeling guilty because if I don't love myself, then I'm not going to love others very well
  • Posting daily challenges for myself, and you, dear reader to stretch us into loving God and loving others deeply
  • Recipes on Fridays because food and love are somehow connected or Jesus wouldn't have asked us to remember Him that way on the eve before He died
  • Giveaways and printables with a love theme
  • Keeping things quiet on Sundays because I take God up on His offer to rest. I will post something but it will be simple.
  • Doing lighter posts on Saturdays too, perhaps involving printables or simple love-themed projects
And because this came to mind when I thought of this theme, here's the theme song for this month of Deep Love Diving: 

No comments: