Sunday, October 7, 2012

day 7: sunday soundtrack

A day to rest. Be silent. Contemplate. Listen to His heart.

  (View all the 31 Days of Deep Love Diving posts here )
The challenge: Learn what it means to be quick to listen and slow to speak. In my time with God I'm quick to jump in and share what's on my heart and mind. Which isn't a bad thing, except, in the words of Marilla, He must have a hard time "getting a word in edgewise." I think it's the fear of silence which keeps me talking because the worst thing that could happen is that I ask to hear from Him, yet I get...nothing. So on Sundays, I'm going to face this fear and practice silence on my part. And Emily is doing her 31 Days on this very thing.    The challenge: Do a love stretch. Today I'm stretching myself to love my loved ones beyond what I normally do. I picked Sundays to practice love stretching because I often spend most of this day resting...literally. And though this practice helps me recharge for the week ahead, I'm not sure huddled up in my room, away from my family is exactly what God had in mind. At least it doesn't feel that way to me. So I'm experimenting this month to see if I can find a better balance between resting and loving others - namely, my family. *Images for the Deep Love Diving banners and buttons were courtesy of this site.

No comments: